transition: bullet 2.83.6

Hello release team,

I am seeking advise how to handle bug #801914 correctly.

Apparently upstream made a backward-incompatible ABI change between
version 2.83.5 and 2.83.6 without changing the SONAME too.

I have read TransitionBestPractices [2] and the wiki suggests to rename
the binary packages and to add appropriate Conflicts fields.

I intend to rename the binary packages from

xxx2.83v5 to
xxx2.83v6

and extend the current Breaks and Replaces fields and add the old v5
binary packages too.

Is there a better solution and is Conflicts strictly needed?

Regards,

Markus

[please CC me, I'm not subscribed]

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/801914