Re: Please approve `unshare -r` fix for Jessie

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 11:12:05AM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2015-03-20 17:58, Kirill Smelkov wrote:
> >  ( this is the first time I write to release@ , so please forgive me if
> >    I do something wrong )
> >
> > Hello up there,
> >
> > I've discovered today that, though it used to work in 2014, `unshare -r`
> > (make a new namespace and become root there) both when initially run by
> > root or usual users got broken because of relatively recent kernel
> > upgrade on Jessie.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Andreas Henriksson (util-linux Debian maintainer) asked me to get a
> > pre-acknowledgement from the Debian release-team for this fix to be
> > applied to Jessie, which I do here:
> >
> >     Could you please agree to `unshare -r` fix for Jessie?
> >
> > Thanks beforehand,
> > Kirill
> >

> > [...]
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for taking your time to report this.
>
>  * The change itself looks reasonable and I (as an RT member) see no
>    issues accepting it for Jessie.  However, it will need approval from
>    the debian-installer release manager as well (which may veto it).
>    - We will request the approval from them once the upload as occured
>      and one of you have filed an unblock bug (please see the next
>      item).
>
>  * Please file an unblock bug for this once it has been uploaded.  This
>    makes it vastly easier for us to track.
>    - You can also file it immediately.  Then please tag it "confirmed"
>      *and* "moreinfo".  Once the upload has occurred, please remove the
>      "moreinfo" tag.  In this case, you probably want to reference this
>      mail.
>    - Either way, please include the full debdiff between testing and
>      unstable.
>
>  * For future (pre-approval) changes, please also file an unblock bug
>    (as mentioned above).  Please remember to note that it is a
>    "pre-approval" request in the subject or early in the bug details.
>    - Please remember include the full (intended) debdiff in such
>      requests as well.

Niels, thanks for replying and pre-approving it on RT side, and taking
the time to describe how to do such requests properly.

Andreas, would you please prepare the upload? I have no upload rights
and, as I understand, they are required to do it. On the other hand, if
you think I should somehow do it - please mentor me a bit - I have only
basic Debian knowledge and from my point of view prepared the change in
a way to be directly acceptable to pkg-util-linux repo.

Thanks again to all,
Kirill