Re: Please approve `unshare -r` fix for Jessie

On 2015-03-20 17:58, Kirill Smelkov wrote:
>  ( this is the first time I write to release@ , so please forgive me if
>    I do something wrong )
>
> Hello up there,
>
> I've discovered today that, though it used to work in 2014, `unshare -r`
> (make a new namespace and become root there) both when initially run by
> root or usual users got broken because of relatively recent kernel
> upgrade on Jessie.
>
> [...]
>
> Andreas Henriksson (util-linux Debian maintainer) asked me to get a
> pre-acknowledgement from the Debian release-team for this fix to be
> applied to Jessie, which I do here:
>
>     Could you please agree to `unshare -r` fix for Jessie?
>
> Thanks beforehand,
> Kirill
>

> [...]

Hi,

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

 * The change itself looks reasonable and I (as an RT member) see no
   issues accepting it for Jessie.  However, it will need approval from
   the debian-installer release manager as well (which may veto it).
   - We will request the approval from them once the upload as occured
     and one of you have filed an unblock bug (please see the next
     item).

 * Please file an unblock bug for this once it has been uploaded.  This
   makes it vastly easier for us to track.
   - You can also file it immediately.  Then please tag it "confirmed"
     *and* "moreinfo".  Once the upload has occurred, please remove the
     "moreinfo" tag.  In this case, you probably want to reference this
     mail.
   - Either way, please include the full debdiff between testing and
     unstable.

 * For future (pre-approval) changes, please also file an unblock bug
   (as mentioned above).  Please remember to note that it is a
   "pre-approval" request in the subject or early in the bug details.
   - Please remember include the full (intended) debdiff in such
     requests as well.

Thanks,
~Niels