Re: Java 9 dropping support for source/target level 1.5

Am 15.07.2014 23:08, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> This was expected but now it's effective, Java 9 no longer supports
> source/target level 1.5:
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2014-July/000972.html
>
> So if you update a package and see these settings please bump them to 1.6.
>
> It might be interesting to add a Lintian warning when a jar with the
> class format <= 49 is detected, that would mean the package was compiled
> with a target <= 1.5 and will probably fail to build with Java 9.

No. Don't do it. This is complete bullshit for Debian at this point.  We are
trying to prepare a release, working on a possible update to Java 8, and we
don't have the resources to work on Java 9 at this time.

You seem to have your own agenda, but it doesn't seem to match Debian's agenda.

  Matthias