Re: Requesting permission to upload certificatepatrol 2.0.14-4+deb7u1 to s-p-u

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 19:29 +0100, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > On 2014-02-10 17:36, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > >hereby I'm asking for permission to upload the testing/sid version
> > >2.0.14-4 of src:certificatepatrol to stable-proprosed-updates as in
> > >the attached debdiff.
> >
> > Thanks for looking at fixing this in stable.
> >
> > For future reference, please file such requests as "p-u" bugs
> > against the release.debian.org pseudopackage (e.g. via "reportbug
> > release.debian.org").
>
> Noted. I tried to follow the procedures as described in
> <http://www.debian.org/releases/proposed-updates>, does that page give
> bad advice?

It's outdated, yeah. We keep meaning to fix all the documentation to be
consistent, but there are so many different places that mention slightly
different procedures. :-|

> > None of the above changes are appropriate for a stable update, nor
> > are they required to fix the iceweasel issue; please remove them.
> > (As such, it may actually be easier and cleaner to start from
> > stable's 2.0.14-3 and produce a -3+deb7u1.)
>
> ... and solving the version number problem on the fly. See the updated
> patch attached.

Please feel free to upload that version; thanks.

Regards,

Adam