Re: OpenRC status in Jessie

On 2014-10-25 11:36, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 04:36 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Which is what I worry about. I *cannot* work on it right now. I'm moving
> to Russian tomorrow, then to Paris for the OpenStack summit.

I agree that is an unfortunate timing.

> I'm also worried if 0.13 doesn't migrate, because it's going to be more
> difficult to update version 0.12 to Jessie.

Assuming you do not want to revert your 0.13 upload, you indeed risk
having to go through TPU - which restricts you a bit more IRT the fixes
you can get unblocked.

> It'd be awesome if we could allow a bit more delay for OpenRC this time,
> and not be so hyper-strict with the freeze date for it. I know I'm
> asking to break the rules, and I don't like it either... :(
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Sorry, but I have to decline on giving you a "carte blanche" unblock for
the openrc version in sid.  It is not because I want to be mean.

Your options include (possibly not limited to):

 * Have a team mate fix the issue for you and upload it.  Perhaps Ritesh
   can do it, since he did the two previous uploads?

 * Convince us that #765785 is not RC.  At first glance, I'd say that
   could be a tough sell.
   - Alternatively, if it is not a regression since the current version
     in sid, fix the found version.  Though the reporter seems to
     assert this to be exactly the case.

 * Convince us that the current version in sid plus your fix (when
   uploaded) follows the freeze policy.  Again, likely to be a tough
   sell.
   - Mind you, this would have to wait till you have an actual fix in
     sid, as we will need to review the whole deal together.

~Niels