Re: binNMUs for dpkg-buildflags / -fstack-protector-strong

On 06/10/14 11:48, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
On Tue, September 23, 2014 22:36, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 02:18:34PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 12:53:54 +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 10:45:00AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 22:29:10 +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

Hi release team,
dpkg-buildflags was switched to the strong stack protector on
the 10th of August. Many security-sensitive packages have already
been uploaded to unstable since then and I'm tracking which are
missing.

For the remaining ones I'd like to request binNMUs. Is that
ok with and when's the best time? Probably not to early before
the freeze since some maintainer uploads will follow anyway,
but also not to close to the freeze. Maybe mid-October?

ATM I only have a list of source packages, see below. I can whip up a
script to generate versions over the weekend, but since these packages
haven't seen an upload since August 10th, there's probably little
overhead if one or two would be built twice.

I'm not sure if this went through already,

I don't think it has. I was waiting for the libjpeg62 situation to settle as some of this binNMUs will benefit that, and I'd like to avoid scheduling them twice.

Emilio