Re: grib-api 1.12.3-1

On 05/10/2014 19:19, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have prepared a new upload of grib-api, version 1.12.3-1. This is the
> main bit of the changelog:
>
>   * New upstream version
>      - grib_api has an official soname now!
>
> It means that it now builds just a standard libgrib-api0, supported by
> upstream, and we'd be done with having the library full version in the
> soname.
>
> However, I'm kind of late.
>
> Still, I've rebuilt all the reverse build dependencies with it[1], and
> they build fine with it. This means that the only transition needed
> would just be a round of binNMUs.
>
> It would be nice to have grib_api soname sanity in jessie, but I'm not
> uploading it without your informed and enthousiastic consent.
I'm enthusiastically consenting to this, if the release-masters let it go
through. It would be good to have a standard SONAME for grib-api
in Jessie.

> Please let me know. The new package is on master here:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/gribapi.git
>

> [1] This is the list as far as I understand:
>     Maintained by Alastair McKinstry: cdo, emoslib, flexpart, magics++,
>                                       metview, pygrib
>     Maintained by Youhei SASAKI: ruby-grib
>
> Enrico

regards
Alastair

- --
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair@sceal.ie>, <mckinstry@debian.org>,
https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.
~Samuel Johnson, Boswell: Life of Johnson