Re: [debian-mysql] MySQL in Jessie

> So that really just leaves mariadb-5.5 (or mariadb-10 - I know Otto
> has been busy working on this) up for debate;  my take is still that
> if there is sufficient resource maintaining mariadb-5.5 (which I think
> there is - thanks to Otto), or any other fork, that it should still be
> considered for release.

I hope my track record of working on mariadb-5.5 and now also on
mariadb-10.0 has proven that I am responsive and a reliable resource.
I already maintain the security releases of mariadb-5.5 on Ubuntu
14.04 and doing them in parallel for Debian is easy and has left me
enough time to also improve and expand the packaging. There is no
reason to drop mariadb-5.5 - other than if we upgrade to mariadb-10.0,
which has started to seem likely thanks to new DDs who have appeared
and are contributing to the effort.