Re: libquazip transition

Le 17/07/2014 19:25, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I see there's a transition for libquazip. I was going to schedule binNMUs for
> the rdeps, but the -dev package got renamed from libquazip0-dev to
> libquazip1-dev, but with the latter providing the former (I guess to allow
> binnmus). That won't work at least with freemedforms-project because that build
> depends on libquazip0-dev (>= 0.4.4).

libquazip1-dev provides libquazip0-dev so build dependencies should be
ok. Anyway, you are right, I need to correct the freemedforms-project
source package. I'll correct this dependency in the current package.

> May I ask why the -dev package is versioned, instead of simply being
> libquazip-dev, as I think it should be?

As the ABI version of libquazip has a possibility to evolve, I choose to
include the so version in the package name. This is also a
recommandation I've found in the documentation of shared libraries
packaging.

> Can you fix freemedforms-project to build-depend on libquazip-dev or libquazip1-dev?

Fixed on the debian med svn.
--
Eric Maeker
GPG: C217 B1B7 80E8 0381 FD5B  C3A5 75D4 AE85 B952 0933