Re: stable update of dpkg (>= 1.17.2) and apt (>= 0.9.16.1) for build profiles

On 2014-05-01 05:29, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Just out of curiosity what part of the infrastructure requires an
> updated dpkg to get profiles support? My guess would be lintian and
> sbuild, anything else? Although isn't lintian run from a git checkout,
> or is that only for lintian.d.o and not for dak's lintian?

Lintian is a git checkout on lintian.d.o and from -backports for dak.
Accordingly, I believe we already have support for build-profiles in
Lintian for dak (at least, -backports have 2.5.22.1~bpo70+1 and
build-profiles were added in 2.5.22).

I believe lintian only uses dpkg-source -x and dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile
for unpacking.  I suspect these work without looking for control-fields
(i.e. ignores the presence of build-profiles), but if I am wrong, then
we also need a new version of dpkg on lintian.d.o for lintian.

~Niels