Depending on a package without ABI

Hi!

I maintain the pinba-engine-mysql package which build depends on MySQL
source and provides an additional engine for MySQL to query statistics
gathered by other means.

The problem is that MySQL doesn't provide a stable ABI for additional
engines. Therefore, the binary dependency is set on the almost exact
version of MySQL.

During a stable release, security updates to MySQL is done by bumping
MySQL version number and therefore, my package would need to be rebuilt
each time.

How to handle this case?
--
panic("Aarggh: attempting to free lock with active wait queue - shoot Andy");
	2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/fs/locks.c