Re: syncevolution bug #679657 in stable

On Fri, 2013-08-09 at 03:04 +0100, Rui Miguel P. Bernardo wrote:
> Since the bug will get fixed in unstable (and later in testing), I would
> like to request to fix it in stable.
[...]
> If all is ok here I think 'm almost ready to proceed to the next step
> and use reportbug report a bug against "release.debian.org"
> pseudo-package with the attached debdiff attached (I'm following the
> example from http://bugs.debian.org/714759).

Thanks for your - very expansive :-) - mail regarding this bug, and for
caring about getting it fixed in stable.

In general, we strongly prefer having the bug fixed in unstable before
we look at a fix for stable; this helps ensure that (at least most)
issues with the fix are spotted before they make it in to a stable
update and reduces the likelihood of the fix not being included in the
next stable release.

Looking through the bug log, it appears that the maintainer previously
indicated that they'd be receptive to an NMU, so hopefully getting it
resolved in unstable shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Regards,

Adam