Re: Stellarium 0.12.2-1 or 0.11.3-2 in the next point release

On 2013-08-07 14:26, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
On 07/08/13 14:58, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
I'm maintainer of stellarium [1]. Recently I had a bug
opened by one of DebianEdu [2] (focus on the end of the thread)
which would require releasing stellarium in a point release.
[...]
  1) patch version 0.11.3-1 (now in stable)
     and release it as 0.11.3-2

  2) release 0.12.2-1 in stable
[...]
[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/stellarium.html

One of the goals of updating packages in stable is to do so via minimal changes which fix the issue being addressed, which would be your "1".

However, looking at the bug log, I noticed that it's not resolved in unstable yet. Is there an ETA for that? In general, bugs should be fixed in unstable first, as this allows any (well, most) issues with the patch to be noticed and fixed more quickly and reduces the risk of the bug being reintroduced in a later release.

Regards,

Adam