Re: Bits from the release team (freeze time line)

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 07:51:21PM +0000, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 07:14:25PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 03:28:04PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > > On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 02:19:07PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:

> I think that our core point is that we need the porter community (internal and
> external) to source production-quality buildd hardware with requisite out of band
> managment (console & power, minimum).  DSA is happy to organize the purchase
> of hardware, if we're pointed to an acceptable vendor.

Having clear DSA requirements for buildds and/or porter boxen would likely
go a long way to improving the available build infrastructure. Especially
if it was accompanied by documentation on;

- How to become a porter box contributor/maintainer
- DSA process for internal and external porter boxen
- Contributing CPU cycles to Debian in general

Cheers,

Jeremiah