Re: Bits from the release team (freeze time line)

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 03:28:04PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 02:19:07PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > However, using words like "known-buggy mips* machines" is just FUD
> > against the mips*-ports, and plainly inacceptable, so please stop
> > doing that. (For reference, there is no mipsel machine which has
> > hardware bugs affecting daily operations. There are two mips machines
> > which are pre-series and are not as stable as I wish, but as builddadm
> > I was more occupied recently with arm* machines not stable then with
> > mips machines not stable. This all doesn't mean I think nothing should
> > be changed, but please do not FUD against mips* (or any other
> > architecture).)
>
> builddadm does not keep the machines running, DSA does. ball is ancient,

I agree that ball, rem and mayer are indeed ancient. That said despite
their age, they are about twice faster as armel and armhf build daemons
for building for example libreoffice or qt4-x11. Does they cause any
problem from the administration point of view?

> corelli and gabrielli are unstable under load and lucatelli does need
> occasional reboots too, IIRC.

I agree that corelli and gabrielli are unstable, though it's clearly not
related with the load. I am not aware of any issue with lucatelli, do
you have some more details?

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73