Re: Uncoordinated transition from libtorrent-rasterbar6 to libtorrent-rasterbar7

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 23:59:44 +0200
Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it doesn't appear you coordinated the libtorrent-rasterbar{6,7}
> transition with the release team, but I've set up a tracker anyway:
>   http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libtorrent-rasterbar7.html
>
> Ideally you would have contacted us in advance, waited for a transition
> slot, also making sure your reverse dependencies build and work fine
> with the new library. After we gave you a go, you would upload the new
> library and we would deal with binNMUs.
>
> Now that the transition started already, please make sure your reverse
> dependencies are OK with that change, and report back, so that we
> schedule binNMUs, or so that you get reverse dependencies updated to
> deal with the new library if needed.

Hi Cyril,

I'm sorry but I've been busy lately (libtorrent-rasterbar has been
NMUed two times in the meanwhile).

AFAICS, the current status of reverse-deps in unstable is:

1) flush: builds fine,
2) qbittorrent: FTBFS, needs upload to unstable of the version in
   experimental (3.0.9) or higher,
3) fatrat: FTBFS, but the root cause seems deeper than what I expected
   (maybe it needs to be patched for qt compatibility, or dropped at
   all).

Thanks,
--
Cristian Greco