Re: libquantlib-1.2 going away

Salut KiBi,

Appreciate the personalised email! Thanks for looking out.

On 7 October 2013 at 01:30, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
| Hi,
|
| it looks like libquantlib-1.2 got dropped from the quantlib source
| package.

Yup. "We" (ie myself as maintainer and IIRC the ftpmasters) decided that the
libquantlib-$VERSION scheme was overkill.  So it's just libquantlib0 and
libquantlib-dev as it used to be pre 1.*.

There are only two (other) client packages, and I happen to be the maintainer
of those two as well.

| Am I right in assuming that all maintainers are aware of this,

Yes, as I am 'all maintainers'.

| and doing whatever is needed to update reverse dependencies? Currently,
| trying to remove the out of date libquantlib-1.2 binaries from the
| archive results in:
| | kibi@franck:~$ dak rm -Rn -b libquantlib-1.2 -s unstable
| | Will remove the following packages from unstable:
| |
| | libquantlib-1.2 |    1.2.1-1 | amd64, armel, hurd-i386, i386, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386
| | libquantlib-1.2 | 1.2.1-1+b1 | armhf, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, s390x, sparc
| […]
| | # Broken Depends:
| | quantlib: libquantlib0-dev
| |           quantlib-examples
| | quantlib-swig: quantlib-python [amd64 armel armhf hurd-i386 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 powerpc s390x sparc]
| |                quantlib-ruby [armel armhf i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 powerpc s390x sparc]
| | rquantlib: r-cran-rquantlib
| |
| | Dependency problem found.
|
| Looks like at least quantlib-swig wants to get a rebuild against the new
| library, but please investigate and let us know what you need exactly.

It was:  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=quantlib-swig

Problem is that quantlib is a resource hog (lots of big C++ classes, swig
makes it one compilation unit, lots of ram needed) so some machines time out.

How do I request rebuilds with 'more patience' ie a larger timeout window?

Dirk

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com