Re: e2fsprogs_1.42.5-1.1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Ok, I can see how it can be confusing. who-uploads does show that it
was my gpg signature on the upload. It's just this way I sponsor any
other uploads were the code/changes I am not the author of.
IMO there is a big difference between asking someone to sponsor and
posting a patch to the BTS. In the former case the person asking you
for sponsorship has taken the descision that it is ready for upload (of course as a dd it's up to you to check that descision is sane) and the responsibility for any fallout from the changes. In the latter case the person is simply providing a suggestion and leaving
the descision to those more familiar with the package.

How should
I credit the author?
There are serveral ways but below is one option

e2fsprogs  (1.42.5-1.1) unstable; urgency=low

 * Non-maintainer upload.
 [Nicolas Boulenguez]
 * e2fsck-static, e2fsprogs: let preinst remove a symbolic link in
   /usr/share/doc, that should have been replaced with a directory since
   1.39+1.40-WIP-2006.10.02+dfsg-1. (Closes: #698879).
-- Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org <mailto:xnox%40debian.org>> Fri, 22 Feb 2013 23:14:59 +0100