Re: rancid beeing blocked, why?

On 14.05.2012 12:04, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:
According to http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=rancid my rancid
package is blocked:

"Not touching package due to block request by adsb (contact
debian-release if update is needed)"

I don't have an idea, why the package was blocked.  I think it should
go into wheezy since it doesn't have any release critical bugs but
improves the package over the former version.

Maybe someone could unblock it...

It's being blocked because the out-of-date s390x binaries make dak reject the britney import due to the multiple arch:all packages breaking the version constraints, which means we can no longer update testing. According to my notes, the s390x binaries are not getting updated because they're waiting for inetutils-ping to build, which is waiting for shishi, which in turn FTBFS (#670316).

I'm not personally happy to unblock it knowing that things will break again, although I realise that this isn't your fault. If the package isn't likely to be used on s390x, it might be worth asking ftp-master to remove the old out-of-date binaries on that architecture, which should allow the remaining architectures to migrate.

Regards,

Adam