Re: Pre-upload approval for Rhythmbox-ampache RC #646642

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On 30.10.2012 10:13, Charlie Smotherman wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 4:27 AM, Adam D. Barratt
>> <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's unlikely, given that there's no sign of the mail you quote above
>>> ever
>>> having reached debian-release@ (it's not in the web archive either
>>> afaict).
>>>
>>> You mentioned that you attached a debdiff. The most common issue in these
>>> cases is that the mail ends up being over lists.d.o's size limits, which
>>> means it's not posted to the list; it's also often a sign that the
>>> debdiff
>>> is too big. :)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Adam
>>

>> There is a debdiff attached to #646642.  So how should we proceed?
>

> Keeping the discussion on-list would be a good start. :-p

Whoops, sorry I just hit the reply button :)

> You could gzip the debdiff, which would probably get it under the list
> server limit. On the whole, opening bugs rather than just mailing
> debian-release is also useful.

FWIW I am not a DD so RB-ampache has not been uploaded to unstable
yet, so IMHO an "unblock" bug is not appropriate as described in Rule
#7 at [1], hence that is why I am sending mails instead of a "unblock"
bug.  I am trying to follow Rule #2.

The RB-ampache plugin has been almost totally rewritten so the changes
are very intrusive.  I was just wondering if the release team
considers these intrusive changes appropriate or not.  If not I was
going to file a removal request, if yes then I will go through the
process of finding a DD to upload it and then file an "unblock" bug

Attached is the zipped debdiff, hopefully it will make it through this time.

[1] http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

Best regards
--
Charlie Smotherman