Re: Fixing the Catalyst development environment in Wheezy

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:07:24 +0200
intrigeri <intrigeri@debian.org> wrote:

> the Catalyst development environment is seriously broken and currently
> in Debian current testing/sid (to get and idea, see #683656, #680819,
> #680829, #680826, #665222).

Agreed.

> We, Debian Perl Group, would like to fix that, and we have been
> working on it during DebCamp and DebConf accordingly. Sorry for the
> delay since then.
>
> Scope: three currently buggy packages are directly under the radar as
> far as freeze block/unblock decisions are concerned
> (libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl, libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl and
> libcatalyst-perl), and a few others are directly concerned due to
> being broken by the versions of libcatalyst-perl currently in testing
> and unstable.

The diffs supplied originally in August are likely to be too large to
be acceptable as unblocks and I've been wondering about an alternative
solution for Wheezy.

An alternative solution would be:

0: RM libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl
libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl |     0.15-1 | source, all
Checking reverse dependencies...
No dependency problem found.

Removal of libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl possible.

Closes: #680829 (Severity: serious)

1: RM libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl
libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl |     0.06-1 | source, all
Checking reverse dependencies...
# Broken Build-Depends:
libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl: libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl

Dependency problem found.

Dependency problem goes away due to 0:

Removal of libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl possible.

Closes: #680819 (Severity: serious)

2: RM libcatalyst-view-component-subinclude-perl
libcatalyst-view-component-subinclude-perl |     0.10-1 | source, all
Checking reverse dependencies...
# Broken Depends:
gitalist: gitalist-common

# Broken Build-Depends:
gitalist: libcatalyst-view-component-subinclude-perl (>= 0.07)

Dependency problem found.

gitalist:
$ rmadison gitalist
 gitalist | 0.003006+dfsg-2 | sid | source
$ bts select source:gitalist severity:grave severity:serious
681435
665223

Removal of libcatalyst-view-component-subinclude-perl possible.

Closes: #680843

3: RM gitalist
gitalist | 0.003006+dfsg-2 | source
gitalist-common | 0.003006+dfsg-2 | all
gitalist-fastcgi | 0.003006+dfsg-2 | all
Checking reverse dependencies...
No dependency problem found.

Closes: #681435
Closes: #665223

Not in testing. Worth removing from unstable?

>     - update libcatalystx-simplelogin-perl to 0.17 (compatibility
>       bugfix -only release)

Instead: RM

>     - update libcatalyst-actionrole-acl-perl to 0.07 (compatibility
>       bugfix -only release)

Instead: RM

+ libcatalyst-view-component-subinclude-perl, possibly remove gitalist
from unstable.

I'll file the three RM bugs against release.debian.org (for removal
from testing only) later today. I haven't decided whether it's worth
removing gitalist at this stage.

The one problematic bug is #680826 in
libtest-www-mechanize-catalyst-perl

libtest-www-mechanize-catalyst-perl |     0.57-1 | source, all
Checking reverse dependencies...
# Broken Depends:
libcatalyst-modules-perl: libcatalyst-modules-perl

# Broken Build-Depends:
gitalist: libtest-www-mechanize-catalyst-perl
libcatalyst-modules-perl: libtest-www-mechanize-catalyst-perl
libcatalyst-plugin-unicode-encoding-perl:
libtest-www-mechanize-catalyst-perl libmojomojo-perl:
libtest-www-mechanize-catalyst-perl

gitalist isn't a problem, libcatalyst-modules-perl and libmojomojo-perl
are problems for fixing #680826.

However, the original email to debian-release did not cover how that
particular bug was to be fixed either.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2012/08/msg01479.html

--

Neil Williams