Re: Request for update of package capi4hylafax (with debdiff)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 23:17:25 +0200, Joachim Wiedorn wrote:

> Hello Julien,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> Julien Cristau wrote on 2012-10-10 21:59:
>
> > >   * Add postinst script to update logfile name and path in
> > >       /etc/hylafax/config.faxCAPI. Closes: #647164
> >
> > This is wrong, postinst doesn't get to modify a conffile.
>
> Does you mean, postinst is not allowed to change the default logging path
> in this config file? How would be the right way? With debconf?

No.  For a conffile change, you modify the file that's shipped in the
package, and dpkg handles what happens with it on install.

> > >   * Fix udev warning: create symlink /dev/faxCAPI with init
> > >       script and remove udev rules file. Closes: #684741
> >
> > Why is that symlink necessary, and what is the warning you're referring
> > to?
>
> The warning appear while booting and udev will be started. But some weeks
> ago I have found that this warning still appears, because the first part
> of the udev rule for capi4hylafax is the same as a default udev rule in
> file /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules.

You still haven't explained what exact warning you're talking about...

> Independent of the way: capi4hylafax have a default configuration which
> expect a device /dev/faxCAPI which must show to the device /dev/capi20.
>
> If you think both changes are unnecessary or insanely, then we don't need
> this update of the package for wheezy.

I don't know yet, I'd like to understand these changes first.

Cheers,
Julien