Re: Request for update of package capi4hylafax (with debdiff)

Hello Julien,

thanks for your reply.

Julien Cristau wrote on 2012-10-10 21:59:

> >   * Add postinst script to update logfile name and path in
> >       /etc/hylafax/config.faxCAPI. Closes: #647164
>
> This is wrong, postinst doesn't get to modify a conffile.

Does you mean, postinst is not allowed to change the default logging path
in this config file? How would be the right way? With debconf?

> >   * Fix udev warning: create symlink /dev/faxCAPI with init
> >       script and remove udev rules file. Closes: #684741
>
> Why is that symlink necessary, and what is the warning you're referring
> to?

The warning appear while booting and udev will be started. But some weeks
ago I have found that this warning still appears, because the first part
of the udev rule for capi4hylafax is the same as a default udev rule in
file /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules.

Independent of the way: capi4hylafax have a default configuration which
expect a device /dev/faxCAPI which must show to the device /dev/capi20.

If you think both changes are unnecessary or insanely, then we don't need
this update of the package for wheezy.

---
Have a nice day.

Joachim (Germany)