Re: Patch for fixing keystone rc bug #687311 : permission to upload in SID?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 15:16:06 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> On 09/26/2012 02:59 AM, Julien Cristau wrote:
> >Normally the config script doesn't touch configuration files, it reads
> >the current configuration if it exists, updates the values in debconf,
> >then asks the user if necessary.  The postinst then writes the actual
> >config.
>
> Right, what was I thinking. Of course. (I knew something was wrong
> there. shame on me :/)
>
> I uploaded the fixed package to SID and will ask for an unblock in 10 days.

In the postinst, this:

+       if ! [ -e "${KEY_CONF}" ] ; then
+               cp /usr/share/doc/keystone/keystone.conf.sample ${KEY_CONF}
        fi

violates policy 12.3:

     Packages must not require the existence of any files in
     `/usr/share/doc/' in order to function [1].  Any files that are
     referenced by programs but are also useful as stand alone
     documentation should be installed under `/usr/share/<package>/' with
     symbolic links from `/usr/share/doc/<package>'.

see also 10.7.3, which suggests to put sample config files used this way
in /usr/share/<package>.

Cheers,
Julien