Re: Eucalyptus in Debian

Hi Cyril,

> I hereby humbly request a freeze exception be made for Eucalyptus.

Given it's still not in unstable, we can't unblock it anyway.

It is now ;-)  It took a little longer than expected to get into good shape, but the package is pretty solid now.  I'm running a cloud in my room now on Debian Sid with no tweaks, and it seems to be humming along quite nicely.

If it were to be unblocked, we would also need bouncycastle unblocked as well.  It was uploaded far before freeze but the new version failed to build on a couple of architectures which prevented it from being migrated.  After a couple of failed attempts to remedy that (it was just the gcj builds, which I highly doubt anyone outside amd64 or i386 use anyway) another Debian member stepped up and just removed them altogether. It is now also in shape to be migrated.

It looks
to me like the best course of action for eucalyptus right now is to go
through wheezy-backports once it's open (usually that happens a few
hours/days after the release).

If that's what we must do, we certainly will, but I was hoping given that this is a new, leaf package that we could have an exception made.  We are committed to maintaining it through the entire Wheezy cycle, including security updates which are actively monitored.

I hereby make one last humble request for a freeze exception.

Best regards,

Brian

Mraw,
KiBi.