Re: Package isc-dhcp

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 10:50:36 +0200
Marco Maria Luciani <marcomaria.luciani@live.it> wrote:

> I've tried install debian testing and stable with ethernet, but the network interface does not recognize internet connection(the ip assigned "to rent" by dhcp to complete the netinst installation)

Thanks for the report, there are ways to fix this but debian-release
isn't the right list for installation problems:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s04.html

(esp. secction 5.4.5 reporting installation problems)

> I believe that this package needs a patch to configure the Internet connection when installing debian

Actually, it's quite likely that the network card for the machine being
tested is missing some non-free firmware and isn't being recognised by
the kernel but, without logs, no-one can really help with this problem.
Please use the docs to see if you can get some debug information out of
the installation process and send that in as a bug report. Have you
been able to install Debian on this particular machine before?

I've tested d-i for testing recently and the network interface came up
normally via DHCP, using isc-dhcp.

--

Neil Williams