Bug#681327: unblock: modsecurity-apache/2.6.6-2
Please unblock package modsecurity-apache
A change in the license went unnoticed. Just debian/copyright was
-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-2-686-pae (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
diff -Nru modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/changelog modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/changelog
--- modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/changelog 2012-06-15 13:22:03.000000000 +0200
+++ modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/changelog 2012-07-02 17:23:28.000000000 +0200
@@ -1,3 +1,9 @@
+modsecurity-apache (2.6.6-2) unstable; urgency=low
+ * Updated debian/copyright with right license.
+ -- Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:23:08 +0200
modsecurity-apache (2.6.6-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
diff -Nru modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/copyright modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/copyright
--- modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/copyright 2012-03-16 13:23:17.000000000 +0100
+++ modsecurity-apache-2.6.6/debian/copyright 2012-07-02 17:21:53.000000000 +0200
@@ -1,163 +1,31 @@
-This package was debianized by
-Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <email@example.com> on Mon, 6 Nov 2006
-It was downloaded from http://www.modsecurity.org
-Copyright (C) 2004-2006 Breach Security, Inc. (http://www.breach.com)
- This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
- it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
- the Free Software Foundation; version 2 dated June, 1991.
- This package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- GNU General Public License for more details.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
- along with this package; if not, write to the Free Software
- Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston,
- MA 02110-1301, USA.
-On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General
-Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'.
-MODSECURITY LICENSING EXCEPTION
-Version 1.0, 29 July 2008
-As a special exception ("Exception") to the terms and conditions of version 2
-of the GPL, Breach Security, Inc. hereby grants you the rights described
-below, provided you agree to the terms and conditions in this Exception,
-including its obligations and restrictions on use.
-We want specified Free/Libre and Open Source Software ("FLOSS") programs to be
-able to use ModSecurity (the "Program") despite the fact that not all FLOSS
-licenses are compatible with version 2 of the GNU General Public License (the
-Legal Terms and Conditions
-You are free to distribute a Derivative Work that is formed entirely from the
-Program and one or more works (each, a "FLOSS Work") licensed under one or
-more of the licenses listed below in section 1, as long as all of the
-following conditions are met:
- 1. You obey the GPLv2 in all respects for the Program and the Derivative
- Work, except for identifiable sections of the Derivative Work which are
- 1. not derived from the Program, and
- 2. are not designed to interact with the Program, and
- 3. which can reasonably be considered independent and separate works in
- 2. All such identifiable sections of the Derivative Work are
- 1. distributed subject to one of the FLOSS licenses listed below, and
- 2. the object code or executable form of those sections are accompanied
- by the complete corresponding machine-readable source code for those
- sections on the same medium and under the same FLOSS license as the
- corresponding object code or executable forms of those sections.
- 3. Any works which are aggregated with the Program or with a Derivative Work
- on a volume of a storage or distribution medium in accordance with the
- GPLv2, can reasonably be considered independent and separate works in
- themselves which are not derivatives of either the Program, a Derivative
- Work or a FLOSS Work, and are not designed to interact with the Program.
-If the above conditions are not met, then the Program may only be copied,
-modified, distributed or used under the terms and conditions of the GPLv2
-or another valid licensing option from Breach Security, Inc.
-FLOSS License List
-License name Version(s)/Copyright Date
-Academic Free License 2.0
-Apache Software License 1.0/1.1/2.0
-Apple Public Source License 2.0
-Artistic license From Perl 5.8.0
-BSD license "July 22 1999"
-Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL) 1.0
-Common Public License 1.0
-Eclipse Public License 1.0
-GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License (LGPL) 2.0/2.1/3.0
-Jabber Open Source License 1.0
-MIT License (As listed in file MIT-License.txt) -
-Mozilla Public License (MPL) 1.0/1.1
-Open Software License 2.0
-OpenSSL license (with original SSLeay license) "2003" ("1998")
-PHP License 3.0
-Python license (CNRI Python License) -
-Python Software Foundation License 2.1.1
-Sleepycat License "1999"
-University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source License -
-W3C License "2001"
-X11 License "2001"
-Zlib/libpng License -
-Zope Public License 2.0
-Due to the many variants of some of the above licenses, we require that for
-any version of the listed FLOSS licenses to qualify under this exception, it
-must follow the 2003 version of the Free Software Foundation's Free Software
-Definition (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) or version 1.9 of the
-Open Source Definition by the Open Source Initiative
-1. Terms used, but not defined, herein shall have the meaning provided in the
- version 2 of the GPL.
-2. Derivative Work means a derivative work under copyright law.
-This Exception applies to all Programs that contain a notice placed by Breach
-Security, Inc. saying that the Program may be distributed under the terms of
-this Exception. If you create or distribute a work which is a Derivative Work
-of both the Program and any other work licensed under the GPL, then this FLOSS
-Exception is not available for that work; thus, you must remove the FLOSS
-Exception notice from that work and comply with the GPL in all respects,
-including by retaining all GPL notices.
-You may choose to redistribute a copy of the Program exclusively under the
-terms of the GPLv2 by removing the Exception notice from that copy of the
-Program, provided that the copy has never been modified by you or any third
-Appendix A. Qualified Libraries and Packages
-The following is a non-exhaustive list of libraries and packages which are
-covered by the Exception when they are licensed under one or more of the
-licenses listed above. Please note that this appendix is merely provided as
-an additional service to specific FLOSS projects who wish to simplify
-licensing information for their users. Compliance with one of the licenses
-noted under the "FLOSS license list" section remains a prerequisite.
-Package name Qualifying License and Version
-Apache HTTP Server Apache Software License 2.0
-Apache Portable Runtime (APR) Apache Software License 2.0
+Copyright: (c) 2006-2011 Trustwave Holdings, Inc.
+ The ModSecurity Core Rule Set is provided to you under the terms and
+ conditions of Apache Software License Version 2 (ASLv2).
+ On Debian systems, the complete text of the Apache Software License
+ Version 2 can be found in "/usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0".
+Copyright: (c) 2006-2012 Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+ This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
+ it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
+ the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.
+ This package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
+ but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
+ MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
+ GNU General Public License for more details.
+ You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
+ along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>
+ On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General
+ Public License version 2 can be found in "/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2".