Re: Request for kvirc freeze exception.

Hello,

and thanks for checking with us.

Raúl Sánchez Siles <rasasi78@gmail.com> (06/07/2012):
>   Since I don't have upload rights I requested regular uploaders
> first, then kde- extras team for sponsoring. The situation was such
> that I failed to manage time left to freeze properly and upload didn't
> happen. Moreover upstream released the 4.2.0 version, which I'm
> proposing now and which differs slightly with my sponsoring requests.
> I'm asking now considering kvirc package 4:4.2.0-1 into wheezy, Taking
> into account [2], I'd like to support my petition on the following
> points:
>
>   · Bugs 658058 and 669189 matches multiarch and hardening flags release goals,
> respectively.

We could consider that.

>   · All packages generated are priority optional or extra, and
> therefore unlikely to harm any other parts of the system. There is no
> other debian package, excluding those generated by kvirc source
> package, that depends on it.

Noted, but that alone won't make us give you carte blanche.

>   · New upstream release include a very high density of translation
> updates. For instance, full debdiff [3] shows 646 files changed, 99946
> insertions(+), 72202 deletions(-) whereas debdiff [4], excluding po
> dir shows 305 files changed, 5472 insertions(+), 6656 deletions(-)

Even excluding translation updates (which is at least for now very OK
according to our freeze policy), that's still huge.

>   · New upstream release starts 4.2.x major versions, Historically
> there have been 1 or 2 upstream minor revisions which we (debian) may
> profit from, specially as regards with security or serious issues. If
> 4.2.0 is not deployed in Wheezy our base version will be
> 4.1.3+20111124.svn5988-1, based on a development snapshot. From the
> maintainers point of view, basing on a stable release is more than
> convenient.

I can understand that, but that's unfortunate it got released so late as
far as the wheezy freeze is concerned.

>   · One extra cosmetic-point is that this upload means zero bug
> package.  Something that I guess every package maintainer would like
> to see for his packaged stuff :)

Sorry, but totally irrelevant. :p

To summarize, not sure what to advise for this package. Surely the
proposed changes are much larger than what I'd like at this point of the
release cycle.

Mraw,
KiBi.