Request for kvirc freeze exception.

  Dear Release Managers:

  About a month ago I updated the kvirc package[0][1] to a newer version
according
to the following changelog entries:

kvirc (4:4.2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
  * New upstream release.
  * Updated debhelper build-depends to better cope with multiarch.
  * Fix "must not be "Multi-Arch: same"" kvirc is Multi-Arch: foreign
    (Closes: #658058)
  * Actually provide valid -dbg package. Added 30_upstream_build-g
  * Fix "Hardening flags missing". Applying suggested changes.
    (Closes: #669189) Thanks to Simon Ruderich.

  Since I don't have upload rights I requested regular uploaders first, then kde-
extras team for sponsoring. The situation was such that I failed to manage time
left to freeze properly and upload didn't happen. Moreover upstream released the
4.2.0 version, which I'm proposing now and which differs slightly with my
sponsoring requests. I'm asking now considering kvirc package 4:4.2.0-1 into
wheezy, Taking into account [2], I'd like to support my petition on the
following points:

  · Bugs 658058 and 669189 matches multiarch and hardening flags release goals,
respectively.
  · All packages generated are priority optional or extra, and therefore
unlikely to harm any other parts of the system. There is no other debian
package, excluding those generated by kvirc source package, that depends on it.
  · New upstream release include a very high density of translation updates. For
instance, full debdiff [3] shows 646 files changed, 99946 insertions(+), 72202
deletions(-) whereas debdiff [4], excluding po dir shows 305 files changed, 5472
insertions(+), 6656 deletions(-)
  · New upstream release starts 4.2.x major versions, Historically there have
been 1 or 2 upstream minor revisions which we (debian) may profit from, specially
as regards with security or serious issues. If 4.2.0 is not deployed in Wheezy
our base version will be 4.1.3+20111124.svn5988-1, based on a development
snapshot. From the maintainers point of view, basing on a stable release is more
than convenient.
  · One extra cosmetic-point is that this upload means zero bug package.
Something that I guess every package maintainer would like to see for his
packaged stuff :)

  I also offer to carry out any suggestion you may deem important in order to get
package in shape for wheezy. In other words, I appreciate your advise on how to
proceed.

  Thanks and best regards,

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde-extras/kvirc.git
[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kvirc/kvirc_4.2.0-1.dsc