Re: openswan freeze exception

Hello,

taking off any hat I could have and talking as a random user.

René Mayrhofer <rmayr@debian.org> (08/07/2012):
> Unfortunately, we (Harald Jenny, the real maintainer of openswan for
> the past 6 months or so, and me, the one who is only doing uploads)
> missed the freeze deadline due to various issues. However, we feel
> that the version of openswan that is now in experimental (and which
> we plan to upload to unstable as soon as you agree to it) is indeed
> needed in Wheezy, because it fixes a few important bugs concerning
> compatibility with mobile clients such as iOS and Android devices
> particularly in combination with NAT traversal (which most mobile
> devices will have to go through). Unfortunately, fixing these bugs
> requires a new upstream version with a few cherry-picked patches.
> Internal testing indicates that it is stable and does not introduce
> any regressions.

I'm not sure how openswan and strongswan relate to each other, but
seeing the regressions while upgrading from strongswan 4.5 to strongswan
4.6, I'm not sure how stable those two things can be (not to mention RC
bug #680480).

Yeah, that specific strongswan still has to be reported, but I had
(paid) work to do urgently, so we just all downgraded promptly…

Mraw,
KiBi.