Re: Proposed update to cron for Wheezy - freeze exception request

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 19:58 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> I have prepared a new cron release (3.0pl1-124) which includes fixes for the
> following bugs:
>
>  - #679106 - critical - /etc/init.d/cron stop may kill unrelated processes
>  - #679062 - important - remove obsolete /etc/cron.daily/standard on upgrade
[...]
> I'm attaching the diff between both .diff.gz (generated using interdiff -z)
> as well as a debdiff between the new package and the previous version for
> your consideration.

"debdiff $old.dsc $new.dsc" would have been easier. ;-)

+dpkg-maintscript-helper rm_conffile /etc/cron.daily/standard "3.0pl1-123" -- "$@"

I believe the three occurrences of the above should use "3.0pl1-124" as
"prior version".  dpkg-maintscript-helper(1):

"If the conffile has not been shipped for several versions, and you are
now modifying the maintainer scripts to clean up the obsolete file,
prior-version should be based on the version of the package that you are
now preparing, not the first version of the package that lacked the
conffile."

With those changes, please feel free to go ahead; thanks.

Regards,

Adam