Getting dependency based boot fixed for wheezy

Hi,

We've been defaulting to dependency based for new installs for
several years.  Since last week, sysv-rc unconditionally uses
dependency-based boot.  file-rc is the last package using
static sequencing.

I'd like (for wheezy+1) to remove the static sequence numbers
entirely.  To do this, we need to get update-rc.d to treat the
start and stop arguments as being equivalent to "defaults", so
it always uses the LSB dependencies.  We can't, however, do this
while there are packages using those numbers, and we need to fix
these packages in wheezy so that it's possible to do the
migration in wheezy+1.

file-rc now has a patch to enable insserv support (#539591).  I'd
like for this to be fixed in wheezy.  It requires the following
changes:

1) Enabling of the insserv -s option (#573004).  This is a one-
   line change to debian/patches/series, since the patch is
   already in place and tested.
2) Uploading of fixed file-rc to fix #539591
3) Disabling of the static boot reversion on removal in sysv-rc,
   since it's no longer needed when file-rc supports insserv.

Since we're frozen, I just wanted to get approval for doing the
above.  It's important for the work we want to do in wheezy+1, as
well as for properly supporting dependency-based boot in wheezy.

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh