Re: Freeze exception for ruby-fast-xs 0.8.0-3

Hi,

On 02.07.2012 12:02, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
Please unblock ruby-fast-xs 0.8.0-3, which fixes RC bug #679847

The attached patch just declares a Breaks: agains the last version of
ruby-hpricot that contained a file that is now provided by ruby-fast-xs.

Hmmm, it looks like ruby-fast-xs is a new package, i.e. it's not in wheezy yet? This provides a slight complication, as it effectively makes a request for unblocking -3 in to a request for allowing a completely new source package in to the release (I realise that -1 got an automatic exception, but if we'd been asked for a manual one I don't know whether it would have).

Looking through the BTS, it looks like both #679606 (in ruby-hpricot) and #679847 (in ruby-xs-fast) only affect unstable currently; is that correct?

Regards,

Adam