Re: libetpan in wheezy

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 04:28:04PM +0200, Ricardo Mones wrote:
>   Dear Release Team,
>
>   There's a new upstream version of libetpan (1.1) which seems to be a
> bugfix release mostly with only a couple of features added. (Un)fortunately
> upstream has bumped soname.
>
>   It seems current libetpan maintainer is not going to have much time
> for it in the future [0] and wants somebody to take over.
>
>   I've packaged new version and reverse dependencies build fine with it,
> though this was expected as the only symbol changed was not used. Anyway
> I've rebuilt them to be sure.
>
>   Two of the rdeps are going to be source uploaded by me (claws-mail and
> claws-mail-extra-plugins) as announced previously in this list [1].
>
>   The other, cairo-dock-plug-ins, would require a binNMU.
>
>   Sounds that OK or should I upload it to experimental instead?
>
>   thanks in advance,
>
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678970
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2012/06/msg00545.html

  It's already in experimental, thanks to fpt-masters quick approval,
and source uploads were already done.

  I guess this micro-transition is still possible binNMUing:

  claws-mail
  claws-mail-extra-plugins
  cairo-dock-plug-ins

  Let me know if there's an opportunity to upload libetpan to unstable.

  thanks in advance,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~