Re: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:02:28AM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>   ocl-icd is small and the core code should not change a lot until
> OpenCL 1.3 or more appears. The core code of the version already in
> testing is very similar to the one waiting in NEW.

In that case, hopefully it will be processed before we freeze, or the
diff will be small enough that we can review it.

>   Considering the young of the package (upstream and in Debian),
> the fact that this is a free replacement of non-free packages, the
> fact that we are at the beginning of the freeze, the fact that there
> is no reverse dependencies, I would like to ask you for a freeze
> exception of ocl-icd 1.3-2.
>   Having ocl-icd 1.3-2 in wheezy would improve the quality of
> wheezy without any risk of problems for the distribution.

This could be phrased another way:
 The package is not shown to be mature enough, is introducing a new
 package that hasn't been in the main release of debian before, and has
 missed the freeze date.
 Not having ocl-icd in wheezy would remove the risk of another package
 that could go wrong during the release. :)

I would suggest we wait and see as per the above.