Re: how does the freeze work?

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> writes:

> Perhaps rushing things into testing quicker than one should, or
> pressuring upstream to hurry their release schedule.  At least when this
> happens in commercial software it seems usually a bad thing.

> I think now I understand OpenBSD's rationale for a 'surprise' freeze
> without giving a warning...

We tried that last time and it resulted in a bunch of other upsetness.  :)

There unfortunately isn't any substitute for just realizing that some
things aren't going to make it because the timing didn't work out.  We
have a long release cycle, so there's always going to be a lot of
pressure, but there's always backports.