Re: suggested fix

On 20/06/12 15:59, Nicholas Bamber wrote:
> Based upon the feedback I have received (including #debian-hurd) I am
> attaching a new debdiff.

This debdiff doesn't address the main point of my original mail:
sockaddr_dl and net/if_dl.h are not (k)FreeBSD-specific, so a test for
FreeBSD || FreeBSD_kernel would not be appropriate.  It might "work" but
would only replace one portability issue with another.

The new test for AF_LINK && !GNU looks even worse to me.  Does GNU/Hurd
_really_ define AF_LINK and yet not provide a net/if_dl.h with a
definition for sockaddr_dl?

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain