[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#678253: marked as done (nmu: iml_1.0.3-4.2)



Your message dated Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:10:08 +0200
with message-id <87vcilwxr3.fsf@brouzouf.villemot.name>
and subject line Re: Bug#678253: nmu: iml_1.0.3-4.2
has caused the Debian Bug report #678253,
regarding nmu: iml_1.0.3-4.2
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org
immediately.)


-- 
678253: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678253
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: binnmu

Dear Release Team,

The libiml0 package is in an unusable state in sid:

$ ldd /usr/lib/libiml.so
[...]
  libcblas.so.3gf => not found
  libatlas.so.3gf => not found

The reason is a SONAME change of these libraries, which are provided by atlas
(the change occurred in atlas_3.8.4-4~exp2). A rebuild of src:iml fixes the
problem on my system, so I request a binNMU:

nmu iml_1.0.3-4.2 . ALL . -m "Rebuild against newer atlas (libcblas/libatlas changed SONAMEs)"

Thanks for your help,

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (600, 'unstable'), (550, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:30:44 +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
>
>> Package: release.debian.org
>> Severity: normal
>> User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
>> Usertags: binnmu
>> 
>> Dear Release Team,
>> 
>> The libiml0 package is in an unusable state in sid:
>> 
>> $ ldd /usr/lib/libiml.so
>> [...]
>>   libcblas.so.3gf => not found
>>   libatlas.so.3gf => not found
>> 
>> The reason is a SONAME change of these libraries, which are provided by atlas
>> (the change occurred in atlas_3.8.4-4~exp2). A rebuild of src:iml fixes the
>> problem on my system, so I request a binNMU:
>> 
>> nmu iml_1.0.3-4.2 . ALL . -m "Rebuild against newer atlas (libcblas/libatlas changed SONAMEs)"
>> 
> I'm not going to schedule this, it sounds like a serious atlas bug to
> me.  Either the SONAME change involves an actual ABI incompatibility and
> that needs to be reverted because it's just way too late for that; or it
> doesn't, and atlas should provide compatibility symlinks.

Thanks for your feedback. Closing this. We'll fix the atlas side.

-- 
Sébastien Villemot
Researcher in Economics & Debian Maintainer
http://www.dynare.org/sebastien
Phone: +33-1-40-77-84-04 - GPG Key: 4096R/381A7594

Attachment: pgpACVSN4ZVZl.pgp
Description: PGP signature


--- End Message ---

Reply to: