Re: [Dolfin] Please binNMU python-ufc against latest swig

On 06/14/2012 09:46 AM, Johannes Ring wrote:
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Anders Logg<logg@simula.no>  wrote:
Does it work if you remove those checks in

    dolfin/site-packages/dolfin/compilemodules/compilemodule.py
    dolfin/site-packages/dolfin/compilemodules/jit.py

?

Yes, it works fine, but I also had to remove the check in
ufc_utils/build.py in UFC.

If so, we might turn those into warnings.

Not sure why we would like to do that? If we are going to ship precompiled binaries we better make sure all packages including JIT compiled stuff are using the same SWIG version.

We have not got any reports of this not working (because we have prevented it), but I think it would be gambling to allow this. If an error occur it will most probably be very cryptic and implode the user experience.

Can't this be handled by some elaborated debain version logic?

Johan

Yes, maybe that is a good idea.

Johannes