Re: Handling of changelogs and bin-nmus

Hi,

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Asking to be sure: For sbuild, that means instead of changing the file
> debian/changelog before starting the build, a new file
> debian/changelog.binary-rebuild (or however it is named) is created
> and from there on all works "by itself"?

That's the idea, yes.

> Do we have other tools than dpkg that parse the changelog to find out
> the package version? How far are we away from getting that
> implemented once we decide we want that?

Why other than dpkg? In any case, we have dpkg-parsechangelog. And I guess
you probably refer to sbuild where you want to grab the version number.
It could use the Dpkg::Changelog modules from libdpkg-perl. It already
uses those modules for various purposes.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/