Re: Bits from the Release Team: Freeze approaching!

This is resent from something I sent to Cyril Brulebois. He told me to send it to the main release team list:

Do as you can, I guess that dealing with such a problem might be within
the scope of a freeze. Next time, please contact debian-release@
directly so that the discussion can be public from the beginning.

(Feel free to quote the public part of this mail there if you wish.)

Mraw,
KiBi.

Hi, I probably should have contacted you about this earlier, and I'm sorry that I didn't. I'm currently working on renaming openclipart to openclipart2, because the newest openclipart package takes about 1 GB of space. After the rename, users can choose a small or large version of openclipart. I think it's important that we don't release wheezy with such a huge package.

There is a good chance that I will be able to finish this on time, but I wanted to mention this to the release team so that, in case I am not able to, I can get a few days extension. That way, if I do need extra time, you all will know now rather than later.

Thanks,
Martin Kelly