Re: Comments regarding automake1.12_1.12-1_amd64.changes

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> we're struggling with a bunch of uncoordinated transitions at the
> moment, with extra fun thanks to an uncoordinated switch to gcc 4.7, and
> its extra hundreds of RC bugs; so it would be nice if we could wait
> until this big mess is sorted out before considering an additional
> switch to a new automake version. Ideally, an archive-wide rebuild would
> make it possible to see how many new FTBFS would pop up, and see if that
> can be handled.

If we do an archive-wide rebuild to test the new Automake, it would be
excellent if we could also test make 3.82 at the same time.  It's
currently in experimental, and we suspect that it may break some packages
that use a deprecated rule construct, but we have no idea how many
packages might break.