Re: Comments regarding automake1.12_1.12-1_amd64.changes

Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> (22/05/2012):
> Also adding debian-release mailing list in the loop.

Thanks, Luca.

> 2012/5/22 Luca Falavigna <ftpmaster@debian.org>:
> > I fear your automake 1.12 upload won't end up in unstable so soon.
> > As you know, Release Team is planning to freeze Wheezy within June,
> > and uploading a new major version of automake now could lead to
> > more RC bugs, forcing the delay of  the freeze or the release date.
> >
> > I blocked the upload for now pending a OK from the Release Team first,
> > you should get in touch with them to see whether it's OK to have the
> > new automake in unstable.

Hello Eric,

we're struggling with a bunch of uncoordinated transitions at the
moment, with extra fun thanks to an uncoordinated switch to gcc 4.7, and
its extra hundreds of RC bugs; so it would be nice if we could wait
until this big mess is sorted out before considering an additional
switch to a new automake version. Ideally, an archive-wide rebuild would
make it possible to see how many new FTBFS would pop up, and see if that
can be handled.

I hope that sheds some light on the current situation…

Mraw,
KiBi.