Re: php-mdb2: fix for bug#571702 in squeeze?

2012/5/8 Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
> As far as I'm concerned, I can't judge the impact of that PHP thingy.
> [..]
> So, unless somebody feels fancy and wants to take it from here, that's
> a “no” for me.

I don't think this decision should be based on feelings, but rather on
technical analyse of the patch. I'm no PHP expert myself but this is
what I can say:
- it changes the only two lines of code that do "var =& new something"
which were the reason of all warnings in the logs;
- $result -> $result_resource only in function &_wrapResult() to cope
with the first change.

If there are no PHP experts on the Release Team, please contact other
PHP teams for evaluation. I, too, would like to avoid any regressions
introduced in stable.

> Even if you think this change is totally harmless, I'd rather not see
> the behaviour of a given library in stable change, at all. I'd rather
> stick to considering targeted fixes for the callers, on a case by case
> basis.

I don't see the behaviour changed, but again this should be analysed
especially by those who use the library (rdepends?).

Thanks for considering.