What does Transition Status "uknown" mean?

Hi,

With respect to the transition trackers, e.g. [1], parameters are
listed to determine "Good", and "Bad" dependencies.  However, the
dependency package listing has three categories: Good, Bad, and
Unknown.  I don't understand what the third category means.

Presumably, a package can be categorized by looking at its current
dependency status.  I used to imagine that this was a long process and
"Unknown" simply meant that a given package had not yet been
processed.  But I've been looking at the boost transition page for
weeks and the number of Unknowns has not dropped to zero.

Looking again, I can see that -- contrary to what one might imagine --
"Good" is not the negation of "Bad".  For example, in the boost
transition, Good is (roughly) defined as "depends on the new version
(1.49)", while Bad (roughly) means "depends on the old version (1.46
or 1.48)".  So does Unknown really mean "neither Good nor Bad"?

In the case of Boost, much of the package is header-only libraries, so
the Good and Bad categories do not apply.  How is a transition managed
when most of the dependencies are Unknown?  Are the Unknowns mainly
ignored and transition is declared done when there are no longer any
Bad packages?

Thanks,
-Steve

[1] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/boost1.49.html