Re: broken cvs in squeeze-security

On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 10:07:35AM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> [120406 13:47]:
> > Bernhard R. Link dixit:
> > >The effect you see is usually not from a unclean chroot, but from a
> > >non-minimal chroot.
> > Non-minimal is unclean.
> A unclean chroot is one with modifications that make it unsuiteable for
> building packages. A package failing to build in a non-minimal
> chroot is a bug in the package not in the build environment.

What annoys me is the fact that such builds in unclean environments hurt us
more (and more often!) than plain FTBFSes in the archive would, if we'd allow
source-only uploads.  But ftp-masters don't appreciate this.  IMHO it's for the
buildd maintainers to cry if their resources are abused, but then the
ftp-masters couldn't run their binary-only lintian checks anymore…

Kind regards
Philipp Kern