libcdio transition

Dear release team,

I'd like to upload a recent libcdio to unstable.
Unfortunately, as usual with libcdio, upgrading from 0.81 to 0.83
means breaking the ABI and changing the sonames of the
libcdio-cdda, libcdio-paranoia, libcdio and libiso9660 libraries...

FWIW, here is the list of (source packages of) packages that depend on
one of the old libraries:

# grep-aptavail -F Depends libcdio-cdda0 -o -F Depends libcdio-paranoia0 -o -F Depends libcdio10 -o -F Depends libiso9660-7 -s Source:Package | sort -u
Package: aqualung
Package: audacious-plugins
Package: cdw
Package: clementine
Package: kover
Package: mednafen
Package: vcdimager
Source: fuse-umfuse-iso9660
Source: gmerlin
Source: gmerlin-avdecoder
Source: gst-plugins-ugly0.10
Source: gvfs (1.10.1-2)
Source: libcdio
Source: libdevice-cdio-perl (0.2.4-5)
Source: qmmp
Source: vcdimager
Source: vlc
Source: xine-lib
Source: xine-lib-1.2
Source: xmms2

Note that libcdio 0.83-3 was already uploaded to experimental.
How should I handle the transition to the best?

Cheers,

Nicolas

PS: please CC replies to me, I am not subscribed to -release.