Re: test

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:03:11 +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 08:05:10PM +0200, Camaleón wrote:
>> > The rule is that a release is supported up to the next release + 1
>> > year unless the release after the next one comes earlier. So for
>> > Lenny that would mean until release date of Squeeze + 1 year
>> > (February 6th 2012) unless Wheezy would be released earlier.
>> > Obviously Wheezy won't be released before, so Lenny is supported
>> > until Febrary next year.
>>
>> Thanks for replying.
>>
>> In this specific case the common rule contradicts the official
>> announcemnet¹ -made by you- on June 2009 so if something has changed in
>> between it would be nice to inform the users about this with a new
>> official confirmation so they can know what's your actual planning.
>>

> Hi Camaleón,
>
> Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid that I don't agree with your
> interpretation of that announcement, and its applicability now,

I really think there is no much room for "interpretations" by reading the
announcement but I can understand that your plans have now changed for
whatever reasons, no problem with that.

> but despite that I do acknowledge it may be useful to provide a
> confirmation.

Yes, it would be indeed nice to have it in order to accomodate the
upgrading path.

> Thus, you can take this as confirmation that there is no current plan to
> support 5.0 to 7.0 upgrades, unless we release by February 2012. As we
> are due to freeze in June 2012, I don't believe that this will occur.

Thanks for clarifying that. Now I can redo my plans for the upcoming
release :-)

May I also ask if the idea of a 2-year fixed cycle freeze is still in
place (is valid) or has been reviewed and then discarded?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón