Re: test

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 08:05:10PM +0200, Camaleón wrote:
> > The rule is that a release is supported up to the next release + 1
> > year unless the release after the next one comes earlier. So for Lenny
> > that would mean until release date of Squeeze + 1 year (February 6th
> > 2012) unless Wheezy would be released earlier. Obviously Wheezy won't
> > be released before, so Lenny is supported until Febrary next year.
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> In this specific case the common rule contradicts the official
> announcemnet¹ -made by you- on June 2009 so if something has changed in
> between it would be nice to inform the users about this with a new
> official confirmation so they can know what's your actual planning.

Hi Camaleón,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid that I don't agree with your
interpretation of that announcement, and its applicability now, but
despite that I do acknowledge it may be useful to provide a confirmation.

Thus, you can take this as confirmation that there is no current plan to
support 5.0 to 7.0 upgrades, unless we release by February 2012. As we
are due to freeze in June 2012, I don't believe that this will occur.

Thanks,
Neil McGovern
Debian Release Manager
Q. Why is top posting bad?